the Association is open to all banks and financial institutions
licensed by the Bank of Tanzania to carry on banking business
in Tanzania. A bank or a financial institution wishing to
join the Association has to submit an application to the Executive
Director of the Association for consideration by the members
meeting. Upon admission to membership, an applicant has to
pay the requisite entrance and annual subscription fees.
Membership has risen from seven (7) founding members in 1995
to thirty (34) members as at May 2010 as indicated
1. AccessBank Tanzania Ltd.
2. Akiba Commercial Bank Ltd.
3. African Banking
Corporation Tanzania Ltd.
4. Azania Bank Ltd.
5. Bank of Baroda Tanzania
6. Bank of India Tanzania
7. Bank of Africa Tanzania
8. Barclays Bank Tanzania
9. Bank M Tanzania Ltd.
10. CF Union Bank Ltd.
11. Citibank Tanzania Ltd.
12. Commercial Bank of Africa
13. CRDB Bank Plc.
14. Dar es Salaam Community Bank
15. Diamond Trust Bank Tanzania
16. Ecobank Tanzania Ltd.
17. Efatha Bank Ltd.
18. Exim Bank Tanzania Ltd.
19. FBME Bank Ltd.
20. Habib African Bank Tanzania
21. International Commercial Bank
22. KCB Tanzania Ltd.
23. Kilimanjaro Co-operative Bank
24. Mkombozi Commercial Bank Ltd.
25. National Bank of Commerce Ltd.
26. National Microfinance Bank Plc.
27. Peoples Bank of Zanzibar Ltd.
28. Savings and Finance Commercial
29. Stanbic Bank Tanzania Ltd.
30. Standard Chartered Bank
31. Tanzania Investment Bank Ltd.
32. Tanzania Postal Bank
33. Tanzania Women's Bank Ltd.
34. Twiga Bancorp
35. Community Banks Association